Thursday 11 October 2007

Hey there!

Welcome to the 56 Special blog.
This space will be used for info about anything and everything to do with 56 Special.

Til its up and running, here's a link to my MySpace site where you can hear some early recordings. I've just posted my version of Chuck Berry's 'You Never Can Tell' on there.
It starts with a reggae feel and builds up into a bit of a rockin' swingin' kinda thang. Should give you a feel of what it's all about anyway.

www.myspace.com/the56special

Future blog plans;
Vintage Rock 'n' Roll and Reggae.
Glam Rockabilly
Recording of the 56 Special album
Lyrics
Influences (music, visual, attitude...)
Retro vs Stuck in the past?
Favorite Geetars and Amps...
The Loveless (1984 biker B movie with Robert Gordon)
Unknown Hero - Earnest Ranglin
Singers - Joe Strummer, Rod Stewart, Amy Winehouse
Songwriters - Phil Lynott, Mick Jones/Joe Strummer...

Once I've worked how to do it I'm gonna post MP3s on here of my works in progress.

3 comments:

Axe Victim said...

Well I'm looking forward to it - get started blog dude!

Mondo said...

It's only blog n roll - but I like it. Looking forward to some cranking and skanking

ally. said...

i look forward to all coming - i'm way too short of a bit of quality rockabilly and need a bit of expert advice.
x